|Package | PIN:||RGT | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- DCS-ControlTM Topology
- Input Voltage Range: 3 V to 17 V
- Up to 2-A Output Current
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.9 V to 6 V
- Pin-Selectable Output Voltage (Nominal, +5%)
- Programmable Soft Start and Tracking
- Seamless Power-Save Mode Transition
- Quiescent Current of 17 µA (Typical)
- Selectable Operating Frequency
- Power-Good Output
- 100% Duty-Cycle Mode
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Pin to Pin Compatible with TPS62130 and TPS62150
- Available in a 3-mm × 3-mm, VQFN-16 Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS62142RGTT
The TPS6214x family is an easy-to-use synchronous step-down DC-DC converter optimized forapplications with high power density. A high switching frequency of typically 2.5 MHz allows theuse of small inductors and provides fast transient response by use of the DCS-Control™topology.
With their wide operating input voltage range of 3 V to 17 V, the devices are ideallysuited for systems powered from either a Li-Ion or other batteries, as well as from 12-Vintermediate power rails. It supports up to 2 A of continuous output current at output voltagesbetween 0.9 V and 6 V (with 100% duty-cycle mode). The output voltage start-up ramp is controlledby the soft-start pin, which allows operation as either a standalone power supply or in trackingconfigurations. Power sequencing is also possible by configuring the Enable (EN) and open-drainPower Good (PG) pins.
In Power Save Mode, the devices draw quiescent current of about 17 µA from VIN. PowerSave Mode, entered automatically and seamlessly if the load is small, maintains high efficiencyover the entire load range. In Shutdown Mode, the device is turned off and current consumption isless than 2 µA.
The device, available in adjustable and fixed output voltage versions, is packaged in a16-pin VQFN package measuring 3 mm × 3 mm (RGT).