|Package | PIN:||DSG | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- DCS-Control™ Topology
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade: –40°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4B
- Input Voltage Range: 3 V to 17 V
- Up to 1-A Output Current
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.9 V to 6 V
- Fixed Output Voltage Versions
- Seamless Power Save Mode Transition
- Typically 17-µA Quiescent Current
- Power Good Output
- 100% Duty Cycle Mode
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Pin to Pin Compatible With TPS62170-Q1
- Available in a 2 × 2 mm WSON-8 Package
Texas Instruments TPS62162QDSGRQ1
The TPS6216x-Q1 are easy to use synchronous step down DC-DC converters optimized for applications with high power density. A high switching frequency of typically 2.25 MHz allows the use of small inductors and provides fast transient response as well as high output voltage accuracy by utilization of the DCS-Control™ topology.
With their wide operating input voltage range of 3 V to 17 V, the devices are ideally suited for systems powered from either a Li-Ion or other battery as well as from 12-V intermediate power rails. It supports up to 1-A continuous output current at output voltages between 0.9 V and 6 V (with 100% duty cycle mode).
Power sequencing is also possible by configuring the Enable and open-drain Power Good pins.
In Power Save Mode, the devices draw quiescent current of about 17 µA from VIN. Power Save Mode, entered automatically and seamlessly if load is small, maintains high efficiency over the entire load range. In Shutdown Mode, the device is turned off and shutdown current consumption is less than 2 µA.
The devices are available in adjustable and fixed output voltage versions and are packaged in an 8-pin WSON package measuring 2 × 2 mm (DSG).