|Package | PIN:||DSG | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- DCS-Control™ Topology
- Input Voltage Range from 3 V to 17 V
- Up to 500-mA Output Current
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.9 V to 6 V
- Fixed Output Voltage Versions
- Seamless Power Save Mode Transition
- Typically 17-µA Quiescent Current
- Power Good Output
- 100% Duty Cycle Mode
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Pin to Pin Compatible with TPS62160 and TPS62125
- Available in a 2-mm × 2-mm 8-Pin WSON Package
- Create a Custom Design using the TPS62170 with the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS62172DSGR
The TPS6217x device family are easy to use synchronous step-down DC-DC convertersoptimized for applications with high power density. A high switching frequency of typically 2.25MHz allows the use of small inductors and provides fast transient response as well as high outputvoltage accuracy by utilization of the DCS-Control™ topology.
With its wide operating input voltage range of 3 V to 17 V, the devices are ideallysuited for systems powered from either a Li-Ion or other battery as well as from 12-V intermediatepower rails. It supports up to 0.5-A continuous output current at output voltages between 0.9 V and6 V (with 100% duty cycle mode).
Power sequencing is also possible by configuring the enable and open-drain power goodpins.
In power save mode, the devices show quiescent current of about 17 µA from VIN. Powersave mode, entered automatically and seamlessly if the load is small, maintains high efficiencyover the entire load range. In shutdown mode, the device is turned off and shutdown currentconsumption is less than 2 µA.
The device, available in adjustable and fixed output voltage versions, is packaged in a2-mm × 2-mm 8-pin WSON package (DSG).