|Package | PIN:||YZF | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Dual Phase Balanced Peak Current Mode
- Input Voltage Range: 4 V to 15 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.9 V to 6 V
- Output Current up to 6 A
- Typical Quiescent Current of 28 µA
- Output Voltage Accuracy of ±1% (PWM Mode)
- Automatic Efficiency Enhancement (AEE™)
- Phase Shifted Operation
- Automatic Power Save Mode
- Adjustable Soft Start
- Power Good Output
- Undervoltage Lockout
- HICCUP Over Current Protection
- Pin-to-Pin Compatible with TPS62184
- Over Temperature Protection
- NanoFree™ 2.10 mm x 3.10 mm DSBGA Package
- Create a Custom Design Using the TPS62180 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS62180YZFT
The TPS6218x is a synchronous dual-phase step-down DC-DC converter for low profile powerrails. It operates with two identical, current balanced phases that are peak current controlledenabling use in height limited applications.
With a wide operating input voltage range of 4 V to 15 V, the device is ideally suitedfor systems powered from multi-cell Li-Ion batteries or 12-V rails. The output current of 6 A iscontinuously provided by two phases of 3 A each, allowing the use of low profile externalcomponents. The phases operate out of phase, reducing switching noise significantly.
The TPS6218x automatically enters Power Save Mode to maintain high efficiency down tovery light loads. It also incorporates an AutomaticEfficiency Enhancement(AEE™) for theentire duty cycle range.
The device features a Power Good signal, as well as an adjustable soft start. Thequiescent current is typically 28 µA, it is able to run in 100% mode, and it has no duty cyclelimitation even at lowest output voltage.
The TPS6218x, available in adjustable and fixed output voltage options, is packaged in asmall 24-bump, 0.5 mm pitch DSBGA package.