|Package | PIN:||YZF | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Dual Phase Balanced Peak Current Mode
- Input Voltage Range: 4 V to 17 V
- Output Voltage:
- 0.9 V ≤ VOUT ≤ 1.8 V (6A),
- 1.8 V ≤ VOUT ≤ 2.5 V (5.5A)
- 2.5 V ≤ VOUT ≤ 3.5 V (5A)
- Typical Quiescent Current of 28 µA
- Output Voltage Accuracy of ±1% (PWM Mode)
- Automatic Efficiency Enhancement (AEE™)
- Phase Shifted Operation
- Automatic Power Save Mode
- Adjustable Soft Start
- Power Good Output
- Undervoltage Lockout
- HICCUP Over Current Protection
- Over Temperature Protection
- Pin to Pin Compatible with TPS62180/2
- NanoFree™ 2.10 mm × 3.10 mm DSBGA Package
Texas Instruments TPS62184YZFR
The TPS62184 is a synchronous dual-phase step-down DC-DC converter for low profile power rails. It operates with two identical, current balanced phases that are peak current controlled enabling use in height limited applications.
With a wide operating input voltage range of 4 V to 17 V, the device is ideally suited for systems powered from multi-cell Li-Ion batteries or 12-V rails. The output current of 6 A is continuously provided by two phases of 3 A each, allowing the use of low profile external components. The phases operate out of phase, reducing switching noise significantly.
The TPS62184 automatically enters Power Save Mode to maintain high efficiency down to very light loads. It also incorporates an Automatic Efficiency Enhancement (AEE™) for the entire duty cycle range.
The device features a Power Good signal, as well as an adjustable soft start. The quiescent current is typically 28 µA, it is able to run in 100% mode, and it has no duty cycle limitation even at lowest output voltage.
The TPS62184 is packaged in a small 24-bump, 0.5 mm pitch DSBGA package.