|Package | PIN:||DDC | 5|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 115)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 2
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4B
- High Efficiency – Up to 94%
- Output Current Up to 300 mA
- VIN Range From 2 V to 6 V
- 2.25-MHz Fixed-Frequency Operation
- Power-Save Mode at Light Load Currents
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±1.5%
- 1.2-V Fixed Output Voltage
- 15-µA Typical Quiescent Current
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Available in a SOT (5) 2.90-mm × 1.60-mm Package
- Allows < 1-mm Solution Height
Texas Instruments TPS62242QDDCRQ1
The TPS62242-Q1 device is a highly efficient buck converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. The device provides up to 300-mA output current from a single Li-Ion cell and is ideal for battery-powered portable applications, automotive applications, and other equipment like Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
With an input voltage range of 2 V to 6 V, the device supports applications powered by Li-Ion batteries with extended voltage range, two- and three-cell alkaline.
The TPS62242-Q1 operates at 2.25-MHz fixed-switching frequency and enters the power-save mode of operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
The power-save mode is optimized for low output-voltage ripple. In shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 1 µA. With 2.25-MHz fixed frequency and a 1.2-V fixed output voltage, the TPS62242-Q1 device allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS62242-Q1 operates over a free-air temperature range of –40°C to 115°C. The device is available in a 5-pin SOT 2.90-mm × 1.60-mm package.