|Package | PIN:||DRV | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High Efficiency Step-Down Converter
- Output Current up to 600 mA
- VIN Range from 2 V to 6 V for Li-ion Batteries with
Extended Voltage Range
- 2.25-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Power Save Mode at Light Load Currents
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±1.5%
- Typical 15-µA Quiescent Current
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Voltage Positioning at Light Loads
- Available in a SOT (5) and 2-mm × 2-mm × 0.8-
mm WSON (6) Package
- Allows <1-mm Solution Height
- Mobile Phones, Smart Phones
- Low Power DSP Supply
- Portable Media Players
- Point-of-Load (POL) Applications
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPS62261DRVT
The TPS6226x device is a highly efficient synchronous step-down DC/DC converter. The TPS6226x provides up to 600-mA output current from a single Li-Ion cell, and is ideal for battery-powered applications such as mobile phones and other portable equipment.
With an wide input voltage range of 2 V to 6 V, the device also supports two- and three-cell alkaline batteries, 3.3-V and 5-V input voltage rails.
The TPS6226x operates at 2.25-MHz fixed-switching frequency, and enters power save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
The power save mode is optimized for low-output voltage ripple. For low noise applications, the device can be forced into fixed frequency pulse-width modulation (PWM) mode by pulling the MODE pin high. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 1 µA. The TPS6226x allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS6226x operates over a free air temperature range of 40°C to 85°C. It is available in a 5-pin SOT and a 6-pin 2-mm × 2-mm WSON package.