|Package | PIN:||DRV | 6|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- High-Efficiency Step-Down Converter
- Output Current up to 600 mA
- Wide VIN Range from 2-V to 6-V for Li-Ion Batteries with
Extended Voltage Range
- 2.25-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Power Save Mode at Light Load Currents
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±1.5%
- 15-µA (Typ) Quiescent Current
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Soft Start
- Voltage Positioning at Light Loads
- Available in a Small 2×2×0,8-mm SON Package
- Allows <1-mm Solution Height
- PDAs, Pocket PCs
- Low Power DSP Supply
- Portable Media Players
- POL applications
Texas Instruments TPS62262TDRVRQ1
The TPS6226x devices are high-efficiency synchronous step-down dc-dc converters optimized for battery powered applications. It provides up to 600-mA output current from a single Li-Ion cell and is ideal to power mobile phones and other portable applications.
With an wide input voltage range of 2 V to 6 V, the device supports applications powered by Li-Ion batteries with extended voltage range, two and three cell alkaline batteries, 3.3-V and 5-V input voltage rails.
The TPS6226x operates at 2.25-MHz fixed switching frequency and enters Power Save Mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
The Power Save Mode is optimized for low output voltage ripple. For low noise applications, the device can be forced into fixed frequency PWM mode by pulling the MODE pin high. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 1 µA. TPS6226x allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS6226x is available in a very small 2×2mm 6-pin SON package.