|Package | PIN:||DRV | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High Efficiency Step Down Converter
- Output Current up to 400 mA
- VIN Range From 2V to 6V for Li-Ion Batteries With Extended Voltage Range
- 2.25 MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Pin-Selectable Fixed Output Voltage
- Power Save Mode for Highest Efficiency
- Automatic transition between PFM and PWM Mode
- Voltage Positioning in PFM Mode
- Typical 15-µA Quiescent Current
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Available in 2×2×0,8 mm SON Package
- Allows <1 mm Solution Height
- Low Power Processor Supply
- Cell Phones, Smart-phones
- Navigation Systems
- Low Power DSP Supply
- Portable Media Players
- Digital Cameras
Texas Instruments TPS62272DRVT
The TPS62270 device is a high efficiency synchronous step down DC-DC converter optimized for battery powered portable applications. It provides up to 400 mA output current from a single Li-Ion cell.
With an input voltage range of 2 V to 6 V the device supports Li-Ion batteries with extended voltage range, and is ideal to power portable applications like mobile phones and other portable equipment.
The TPS62270 operates at 2.25 MHz fixed switching frequency and enters Power Save Mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. The Power Save Mode is optimized for low output voltage ripple.
With the VSEL pin, two different fixed output voltages can be selected. This function features a dynamic voltage scaling for low power processor cores.
In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 1µA. TPS62270 allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS62270 is available in a 2 mm × 2 mm, 6-pin SON package.