|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Up to 93% Efficiency at 3-MHz Operation
- Up to 500-mA Output Current at VI = 2.7 V
- 3-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Best in Class Load and Line Transient
- Complete 1-mm Component Profile Solution
- 0.5%/+1.3% PWM DC Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature
- 35-ns Minimum On-Time
- Power-Save Mode Operation at Light Load Currents
- Fixed and Adjustable Output Voltage
- Only 86-µA Quiescent Current
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Synchronizable On the Fly to External
- Integrated Active Power-Down Sequencing (TPS6232x only)
- Available in a 10-Pin QFN (3 × 3 mm), 8-Pin NanoFree, and NanoStar (CSP) Packaging
- Cell Phones, Smart-Phones
- WLAN and Bluetooth Applications
- Micro DC-DC Converter Modules
- PDAs, Pocket PCs
- USB-Based DSL Modems
- Digital Cameras
NanoFree, NanoStar, TMS320 are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS62321DRCR
The TPS623xx device is a high-frequency synchronous step-down dc-dc converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. Intended for low-power applications, the TPS623xx supports up to 500-mA load current and allows the use of tiny, low cost chip inductor and capacitors.
The device is ideal for mobile phones and similar portable applications powered by a single-cell Li-Ion battery or by 3-cell NiMH/NiCd batteries. With an output voltage range from 5.4 V down to 0.6 V, the device supports the low-voltage TMS320 DSP family, processors in smart-phones, PDAs as well as notebooks, and handheld computers.
The TPS62300 operates at 3-MHz fixed switching frequency and enters the power-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. For low noise applications, the device can be forced into fixed frequency PWM mode by pulling the MODE/SYNC pin high. The device can also be synchronized to an external clock signal in the range of 3 MHz. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 1 µA.
The TPS623xx is available in a 10-pin leadless package (3 × 3 mm QFN) and an 8-pin chip-scale package (CSP).