|Package | PIN:||YZG | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 88% Efficiency at 3-MHz Operation
- 800-mA Output Current at VI = 2.7 V
- 3-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Best in Class Load and Line Transient
- Complete 1-mm Component Profile Solution
- ±2% PWM DC Voltage Accuracy
- 35-ns Minimum On-Time
- Efficiency Optimized Power-Save Mode (Light PFM)
- Transient Optimized Power-Save Mode (Fast PFM)
- 28-µA Typical Quiescent Current
- I2C Compatible Interface up to 3.4 Mbps
- Pin-Selectable Output Voltage
- Synchronizable On the Fly to External Clock Signal
- Available in a 10-Pin QFN (3 × 3 mm) and 12-Pin NanoFree (CSP) Packaging
- SmartReflex Compliant Power Supply
- Split Supply DSPs and µP Solutions
- Cell Phones, Smart-Phones
- PDAs, Pocket PCs
- Digital Cameras
- Micro DC-DC Converter Modules
NanoFree, SmartReflex, OMAP, PowerPAD Is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
XSCALE is a trademark of Intel Corporation.
I2C is a trademark of Philips Corporation.
Texas Instruments TPS62356YZGR
The TPS6235x device is a high-frequency synchronous step-down dc-dc converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. Intended for low-power applications, the TPS6235x supports up to 800-mA load current and allows the use of small, low cost inductors and capacitors.
The device is ideal for mobile phones and similar portable applications powered by a single-cell Li-Ion battery. With an output voltage range adjustable via I2C interface down to 0.6 V, the device supports low-voltage DSPs and processors core power supplies in smart-phones, PDAs, and handheld computers.
The TPS6235x operates at 3-MHz fixed switching frequency and enters the efficiency optimized power-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to less than 2 µA.
The serial interface is compatible with Fast/Standard and High-Speed mode I2C specification allowing transfers at up to 3.4 Mbps. This communication interface is used for dynamic voltage scaling with voltage steps down to 12.5 mV, for reprogramming the mode of operation (Light PFM, Fast PFM or Forced PWM) or disable/enabling the output voltage.