|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- High Efficiency up to 95%
- VIN Range from 2.5 V to 6 V
- 2.25-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Output Current 600 mA and 1000 mA
- Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.6 V to VIN
- Pin Selectable Output Voltage Supports Simple
- Optional EasyScale One-Pin Serial Interface for
Dynamic Output Voltage Adjustment
- Power-Save Mode at Light Load Currents
- 180° Out of Phase Operation
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±1%
- Typical 32-µA Quiescent Current for both
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Available in a 10-Pin VSON (3 mm × 3 mm)
Texas Instruments TPS62420DRCR
The TPS6242x device is a synchronous dual step-down DCDC converter. It provides two independent output voltage rails powered by 1-cell Li-Ion or 3-cell NiMH/NiCD batteries. The device is also suitable to operate from a standard 3.3-V or 5-V voltage rail.
With an input voltage range of 2.5 V to 6 V, the TPS6242x is ideal for battery-powered portable applications like smart phones, PDAs, and other portable equipment.
With the EasyScale™ serial interface the output voltages can be modified during operation. It therefore supports dynamic voltage scaling for low power DSP and processors.
The TPS6242x operates at 2.25-MHz fixed switching frequency and enter the power-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. For low-noise applications the devices can be forced into fixed-frequency PWM mode by pulling the MODE/DATA pin High. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to 1.2 µA. The device allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS6242x operates over a free-air temperature range of 40°C to 85°C. It is available in a 10-pin leadless package (3 mm × 3 mm VSON)