|Package | PIN:||DRC | 10|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- VIN Range From 2.5 V to 6 V
- 2.25-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Output Current: 600 mA and 1000 mA
- Adjustable Output Voltage From 0.6 V to VIN
- EasyScale Optional One-Pin Serial Interface for
Dynamic Output Voltage Adjustment
- Power Save Mode at Light Load Currents
- 180° Out of Phase Operation
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode: ±1%
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Available in a 10-Pin QFN (3×3mm)
Texas Instruments TPS62420QDRCRQ1
The TPS62420 device is a synchronous dual step-down dc-dc converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. It provides two independent output voltage rails powered by 1-cell Li-Ion or 3-cell NiMH/NiCD batteries. The device is also suitable to operate from a standard 3.3-V or 5-V voltage rail.
With the EasyScale serial interface the output voltages can be modified during operation. It therefore supports Dynamic Voltage Scaling for low power DSP and processors.
The TPS62420 operates at 2.25-MHz fixed switching frequency and enters Power Save Mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. For low-noise applications, the devices can be forced into fixed-frequency PWM mode by pulling the MODE/DATA pin high. In the shutdown mode, the current consumption is reduced to 1.2 µA. The device allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS62420 is available in a 10-pin leadless package (3mm×3mm QFN).