|Package | PIN:||DRV | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Output Current up to 1000 mA
- Input Voltage Range from 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±2.5%
- Typical 15-µA Quiescent Current
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- Available in a 2 mm × 2 mm × 0.8 mm WSON
- For Improved Features Set, See the TPS62290
- Mobile Phones, Smart Phones
- Tablet PCs
- Low Power DSP Supply
- Point-of-Load (POL) Applications
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Texas Instruments TPS62590DRVT
The TPS62590 device is a high-efficiency synchronous step down converter, optimized for battery powered portable applications. The device provides up to 1000-mA output current from batteries, such as single Li-Ion or other common chemistry AA and AAA cells.
With an input voltage range of 2.5 V to 5.5 V, the device is targeted to power a large variety of portable handheld equipment or POL applications.
The TPS62590 family operates at 2.25-MHz fixed switching frequency and enters a power save mode operation at light load currents to maintain a high efficiency over the entire load current range.
The power save mode is optimized for low output voltage ripple. For low noise applications, the device can be forced into fixed frequency pulse width modulation (PWM) mode by pulling the MODE pin high. In the shutdown mode the current consumption is reduced to less than 1 µA. The TPS62590 allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size.
The TPS62590 is available in a 2-mm × 2-mm 6-pin WSON package.