|Package | PIN:||YFD | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 90% Efficiency at 6MHz Operation
- 31µA Quiescent Current
- Wide VIN Range From 2.3V to 5.5V
- 6MHz Regulated Frequency Operation
- Best in Class Load and Line Transient
- ±2% Total DC Voltage Accuracy
- Automatic PFM/PWM Mode Switching
- Low Ripple Light-Load PFM Mode
- >50dB VIN PSRR (1kHz to 10kHz)
- Internal Soft-Start, 100-µs Start-Up Time
- Integrated Active Power-Down Sequencing (Optional)
- Three Surface-Mount External Components Required (One 0603 MLCC Inductor, Two 0402 Ceramic Capacitors)
- Complete Sub 0.4-mm Component Profile Solution
- Total Solution Size <10 mm2
- Available in a 6-Pin NanoFree (CSP)
- Cell Phones, Smart-Phones
- WLAN, GPS and Bluetooth Applications
- DTV Tuner Applications
- DC/DC Micro Modules
NanoFree is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS62612YFDT
The TPS6261x device is a high-frequency synchronous step-down dc-dc converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications. Intended for low-power applications, the TPS6261x supports up to 350-mA load current, and allows the use of low cost chip inductor and capacitors.
With a wide input voltage range of 2.3V to 5.5V, the device supports applications powered by Li-Ion batteries with extended voltage range. Different fixed voltage output versions are available from 1.2V to 2.3V.
The TPS6261x operates at a regulated 6-MHz switching frequency and enters the power-save mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range.
The PFM mode extends the battery life by reducing the quiescent current to 31µA (typ) during light load operation. For low-frequency noise-sensitive applications, the device can be forced into fixed frequency PWM mode by pulling the MODE pin high. These features, combined with high PSRR and AC load regulation performance, make this device suitable to replace a linear regulator to obtain better power conversion efficiency.
The TPS6261x is available in an 6-pin thin chip-scale package (CSP, 0.4mm max. height).