|Package | PIN:||YFF | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- VIN Range From 3.25V to 5.5V
- Total Solution Size <12 mm2
- Three Surface-Mount External Components Required
(One 0805 MLCC Inductor, Two small Ceramic Capacitors)
- Complete Sub 1-mm Component Profile Solution
- Spread Spectrum, PWM Frequency Dithering
- Best in Class Load and Line Transient
- ±2% Total DC Voltage Accuracy
- Up to 1600mA load current
- 5.5MHz Regulated Frequency Operation
- Available in a 6-Pin NanoFree (WCSP)
- Tablet PC
- Cell Phones, Smart-Phones
- Digital TV, WLAN, GPS and Bluetooth Applications
Texas Instruments TPS62684YFFR
The TPS62684 is a high-frequency synchronous step-down dc-dc converter optimized for battery-powered portable applications in which high load currents in a very small solution size and height are required. The TPS62684 is optimized for high efficiency and low output voltage ripple, supports up to 1600-mA load current and allows the use of low cost chip inductor and capacitors. With a input voltage range of 3.25V to 5.5V, the device supports applications powered by Li-Ion batteries as well as 5V rails.
The TPS62684 operates at a 5.5-MHz switching frequency with PWM spread spectrum capability. For noise-sensitive applications, this provides a lower noise regulated output, as well as low noise at the input. The device supports a 2.85V fixed output voltage, requiring no external feedback network.
These features, combined with high PSRR and AC load regulation performance, make this device suitable to replace a linear regulator to obtain better power conversion efficiency.