|Package | PIN:||YFP | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Input Voltage Range VIN from 2.15 V to 5.5 V
- Input Voltage Range Down to 2.0 V Once Started
- 300 mA Output Current
- 360 nA Operational Quiescent Current
- Up to 90% Efficiency at 10-µA Output Current
- Power Save Mode Operation
- Selectable Output Voltages
- 1.2 V and 1.8 V
- Output Voltage Discharge
- 1 mA /150 Ω Integrated Input Voltage Switch
- Low Output Voltage Ripple
- Automatic Transition to No Ripple 100% Mode
- RF Friendly DCS-Control™
- Total Solution Size <10mm2
- Small 1.6 mm × 0.9 mm, 8 Ball WCSP Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS62746YFPR
The TPS62746 is a high efficiency stepdown converter with ultra low quiescent current of typical 360 nA. The device is optimized tooperate with a 2.2-µH inductor and 10µF output capacitor. The device uses DCS-Control™ and operateswith a typical switching frequency of 1.2 MHz. In Power Save Mode the device extends the light loadefficiency down to a load current range of 10-µA and below. TPS62746 provides an output currentof 300 mA. Oncestarted the device operates down to an input voltage range of 2.0 V. This allows to operate thedevice directly from a single Li-MnO2 coin cell.
The TPS62746 provides two programmable output voltages of 1.2V and 1.8V selectableby one voltage select pin. The TPS62746 is optimized to provide alow output voltage ripple and low noise using a small output capacitor. Once the input voltagecomes close to the output voltage the device enters the No Ripple 100% mode to prevent an increaseof output ripple voltage. In this operation mode the device stops switching and turns the high sideMOSFET switch on.
The TPS62746 has an integrated 1-mA switch that connects the supplyvoltage at pin VIN to the output VINSW. This low current switch can be used to disconnect aresistor divider from the input supply typically being used to measure the input voltage with anADC.