|Package | PIN:||DSK | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Efficiency > 90% at Nominal Operating Conditions
- Programmable Average Input Current Limits for USB Applications
- 50mA to 300mA for Low Current Limit Range
- 300mA to 1.3A for High Current Limit Range ±10% Current Accuracy
- Stable Output Voltage for Load Transients to Minimize Overshoot at Load Step Response
- Hot Plug and Reverse Current Protection
- Automatic PFM/PWM Mode transition (TPS62750)
- Forced PWM for Noise Sensitive Applications (TPS62751)
- VIN Range From 2.9V to 6V
- Adjustable VOUT From 0.8V to 0.85×VIN
- Softstart for Inrush Current Prevention
- 2.25 MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Short Cicruit and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Available in a 2.5 × 2.5 10 pin SON Package
- USB Wireless Modems
- Portable USB peripherals
- Handheld Computers
Texas Instruments TPS62751DSKT
The TPS6275x device is a highly efficient synchronous step down dc-dc converter optimized for USB powered portable applications. It can provide up to 1300mA average input current and is ideal for applications connected to a USB host.
With an input voltage range of 2.9 V to 6.0V, the device supports batteries with extended voltage range and is ideal for powering USB applications where USB compliance is required.
The TPS62750 operates at 2.25-MHz fixed switching frequency and enters Power Save Mode operation at light load currents to maintain high efficiency over the entire load current range. The TPS62751 operates in Forced PWM mode allowing use in applications that are noise sensitive. An output discharge allows the load to discharge in shutdown.
The 10% accurate average input current limit can be programmed with an external resistor, allowing use in applications such as USB, where the current drawn from the bus must be limited to 500mA.
The TPS6275x allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solution size. The TPS6275x is available in a 2,5mm × 2,5mm 10-pin SON package.