|Package | PIN:||PWP | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating TemperatureRange
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESDClassification Level C5
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7-V to 5.8-V
- VO1 Boost Converter
- Up to 15 V Output Voltage
- Virtual Synchronous Converter Topology
- < 1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- 1.6-MHzFixed Switching Frequency
- 2.3-A Switch CurrentLimit
- VO2 Negative Regulated Charge Pump
- Down to -12 V / 20 mA
- VO3 Positive Regulated Charge Pump
- Up to 30 V / 20 mA
- Three Independently Adjustable Outputs
- Integrated VCOM Buffer
- Auxiliary 3.3-V Linear Regulator Controller
- Internal Soft Start
- Internal Power-On Sequencing
- Protection Features
- Short-Circuit Detection of all Outputs
- Overvoltage Protection of all Outputs
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in TSSOP-24 PowerPAD™ Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65100QPWPRQ1
The TPS65100-Q1 device offers a compact and small power supply solution that provides allthree voltages required by thin-film transistor (TFT) LCD displays. The auxiliary linear regulatorcontroller can be used to generate a 3.3-V logic power rail for systems powered by a 5-V supplyrail only.
The main output, VO1, is a 1.6-MHz fixed-frequency PWM boostconverter that provides the source-drive voltage for the LCD display. The TPS65100-Q1 has a typicalswitch current limit of 2.3 A. A fully integrated adjustable charge pump doubler-tripler providesthe positive LCD gate-drive voltage. An externally adjustable negative charge pump provides thenegative gate-drive voltage.
The TPS65100-Q1 has an integrated VCOM buffer to power the LCD backplane. For LCD panelspowered by 5 V only, the TPS65100-Q1 device has a linear regulator controller using an externaltransistor to provide a regulated 3.3-V output for the digital circuits. For maximum safety, theTPS65100-Q1 device goes into shutdown as soon as one of the outputs is out of regulation. Thedevice can be enabled again by toggling the input or the enable (EN) pin to GND.