|Package | PIN:||RHD | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 8.6V to 14.7V Input Voltage Range
- 2.8A Boost Converter Switch Current Limit
- Boost Converter Output Voltages up to 18.5V
- Boost and Buck Converter Short-Circuit Protection
- 1.5A Buck Converter Switch Current Limit
- Fixed 750kHz Switching Frequency for Buck and Boost Converters
- Fixed Buck Converter Soft-Start
- Programmable Boost Converter Soft-Start
- Two Charge Pump Controllers to Regulate VGH and VGL
- Control Signal for External High-Side MOSFET Isolation Switch
- Reset Signal With Programmable Reset Pulse Duration
- Thermal Shutdown
- 28-Pin 5×5 mm QFN Package
- LCD TVs and Monitors
Texas Instruments TPS65170RHDT
The TPS65170 provides a simple and economic power supply solution for a wide variety of LCD bias applications.
In typical display panel applications, the boost converter generates the display panel’s source voltage VS, the buck converter generates the system’s logic supply VLOGIC, and the two charge pump controllers regulate the external charge pumps generating the display transistors’ on and off supplies VGH and VGL.
By using external transistors to regulate the charge pump output voltage, power dissipation in the IC is significantly reduced, simplifying PCB thermal design and improving reliability.
The TPS65170 also provides a reset circuit that monitors the buck converter output (VLOGIC) and generates a reset signal for the timing controller during power-up.
A control signal can also be generated to control an external MOSFET isolation switch located between the output of the boost converter and the display panel.