|Package | PIN:||RUK | 20|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Complete Integrate Solution for LNB and I2C Interface
- DiSEqC 2.x, and DiSEqC 1.x Compatible
- Supports 5-V, 12-V, and 15-V Power Rail
- Up to 1000-mA Accurate Output Current Limit Adjustable by External Resistor
- Boost Switch Peak Current Limit Proportional to LDO Current Limit
- Boost Converter With 140-mΩ Low Rds(on) Internal Power Switch
- Boost Switching Frequency 1-MHz or 500-kHz Selectable
- Audible Noise Avoided at Force PWM Mode
- Dedicated Enable Pin for Non-I2C Application
- Low-Dropout (LDO) Regulator With Push-Pull Output Stage for VLNB Output
- Built-In Accurate 22-kHz Tone Generator and External Tone Input Support
- Supports Both External 44-kHz and 22-kHz Tone Input
- Adjustable Soft-start and 13-V to 18-V Voltage Transition Time
- 650-mV to 750-mV 22-kHz Tone Amplitude Selection
- I2C Registers Accessible with EN Low
- Short Circuit Dynamic Protection
- Diagnostics for Output Voltage Level, DiSEqC Tone Input and Output, Current Level, and Cable Connection
- Thermal Protection Available
- 20-Pin WQFN 3 mm × 3 mm (RUK) Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65235-1RUKT
Designed for analog and digital satellite receivers, the TPS65235-1 is a monolithic voltageregulator with I2C interface; specifically to provide the 13-V to 18-Vpower supply and the 22-kHz tone signal to the LNB down converter in the antenna dish or to themulti-switch box. The device offers a complete solution with minimum component count, low powerdissipation together with simple design and I2C standardinterface.
The TPS65235-1features high power efficiency. The boost converter integrates a 140-mΩ power MOSFET running at 1MHz or 500 kHz selectable switching frequency. Drop out voltage at the linear regulator is 0.8 V tominimize power loss. The TPS65235-1 provides multiple ways to generate the 22 kHz signal. Integratedlinear regulator with push-pull output stage generates 22-kHz tone signal superimposed at theoutput even at zero loading. Current limit of linear regulator can be programmed by externalresistor with ±10% accuracy. Full range of diagnostic read by I2C isavailable for system monitoring.
The TPS65235-1 hasa special design at FCCM mode to avoid the audible noise especially when VIN is higher or closer tothe VLNB output.
The TPS65235-1supports advanced DiSEqC 2.x standard with 22-kHz tone detection circuit and outputinterface.