|Package | PIN:||RHD | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Wide Input Supply Voltage Range:
4.5 V 16 V
- Output Range: 0.8 V to ~VIN1 V
- Fully Integrated Dual Buck, 3.5-A/2.5-A Continuous Current
(4-A/3-A Maximum Current)
- High Efficiency
- 300-kHz 1.2-MHz Switching Frequency Set by External Resistor
- External Eenable/Sequencing Pins
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit Set by External Resistor
- Soft-Start Pins
- Current-Mode Control With Simple Compensation Circuit
- Power Good and Reset Generator
- Low Power Mode Set By External Signal
- Supervisory Circuit
- QFN Package, 28-Pin 5 mm × 5 mm RHD
- DSL Modems
- Cable Modems
- Set Top Boxes
- Car DVD Players
- Home Gateway and Access Point Networks
- Wireless Routers
Texas Instruments TPS65253RHDT
The TPS65253 features two synchronous wide input range high efficiency buck converters. The converters are designed to simplify product application while giving designers the options to optimize their usage according to the target application.
The converters can operate in 5-, 9- and 12-V systems and have integrated power transistors. The output voltage can be set externally using a resistor divider to any value between 0.8 V and the input supply minus 1 V. Each converter features an enable pin that allows a delayed start-up for sequencing purposes, soft-start pin that allows adjustable soft-start time by choosing the soft-start capacitor, and a current limit (RLIMx) pin that enables designer to adjust current limit by selecting an external resistor and optimize the choice of inductor. The CMP pin allows optimizing transient versus dc accuracy response with a simple RC compensation.
The switching frequency of the converters is set by an external resistor connected to ROSC pin. The switching regulators are designed to operate from 300 kHz to 1.2 MHz. The converters operate with 180° phase between then to minimize the input filter requirements.
TPS65253 also features a low power mode enabled by an external signal, which allows for a reduction on the input power supplied to the system when the host processor is in stand-by (low activity) mode.
TPS65253 features a supervisor circuit that monitors both converters and provides a PGOOD signal (End of Reset) with a 32-ms timer.
TPS65253 is packaged in a small, thermally efficient 28-pin QFN package.