|Package | PIN:||RHB | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operating Input Supply Voltage Range
(4.5 V to 18 V)
- Feedback Reference Voltage 0.6V±1%
- Maximum Continuous Output Current 3A/2A/2A
- Adjustable Clock Frequency from 250kHz to 2MHz
- Dedicated Enable and Soft Start Pins for Each Buck
- Automatic Power-up/Power-down Sequence
- Pulse Skipping Mode (PSM) at Light Load (TPS65261 only)
- Output Voltage Power Good Indicator
- Input Voltage Power Failure Indicator
- Thermal Overloading Protection
Texas Instruments TPS65261-1RHBR
The TPS65261, TPS65261-1 is a monolithic triple synchronous step-down (buck) converter with 3A/2A/2A output currents. A wide 4.5V to 18V input supply voltage range encompasses the most intermediate bus voltages operating off 5V, 9V, 12V or 15V power bus. The converter, with constant frequency peak current mode, is designed to simplify its application while giving designers options to optimize the system according to targeted applications. The switching frequency of the converters can be adjusted from 250kHz to 2MHz with an external resistor. The 180° out-of-phase operation between Buck1 and Buck2, 3 (Buck2 and 3 run in phase) minimizes the input filter requirements.
The TPS65261, TPS65261-1 features an automatic power sequence with connecting MODE pin to V7V and configuring EN1/2/3 pins. The device also features an open drain RESET signal to monitor power down.
At light load, the TPS65261 automatically operates in pulse skipping mode (PSM) and the TPS65261-1 operates in force continuous current mode (FCC). PSM mode provides high efficiency by reducing switching losses at light loads and FCC mode reduces noise susceptibility and RF interference.
The device features overvoltage protection, overcurrent and short-circuit protection and over-temperature protection. A power good pin asserts when any output voltages are out of regulation.