|Package | PIN:||RHB | 32|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Operating Input Voltage Range 2.7 to 6 V
- Feedback Reference Voltage 0.6 V ±1%
- Maximum Continuous Output Current 3 A/2 A/2 A
- Dedicated Enable and Soft Start
- Accurate Start-Up Timing Control With Enable Pins Discharge
- Pulse Skipping Mode (PSM) at Light Load
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting With Hiccup Mode Overcurrent Protection
- Adjustable Clock Frequency 250 kHz to 2.4 MHz
- External Clock Synchronization
- Power-Good Indicator
- Overtemperature Protection
Texas Instruments TPS65266-1RHBR
The TPS65266-1 incorporates 3 channels of high-efficiency synchronous buck converter for applications operating off the adaptor or battery with input voltage lower than 6 V.
The buck DC/DC converter integrates power MOSFETs for optimized power efficiency and reduces external component counts. The peak current mode control simplifies the compensation and fast transient response. High clock frequency allows smaller and low-value inductors and capacitors. External compensation supports optimized loop compensation and fast transient response. In light load condition, the buck converter operates in PSM mode for a reduction on the input power supplied to the system. Cycle-by-cycle overcurrent limiting with hiccup mode limits MOSFET power dissipation in short circuit or overloading fault conditions.
The TPS65266-1 features a power-good supervisor circuit that monitors all converter outputs. The PGOOD pin is asserted after the output voltages in each channel are in regulation and sequencing is done.
When continuous heavy overload or short circuit increases power dissipation in the buck converter, internal thermal protection circuit shuts off the device to prevent damage. Recovery from a thermal shutdown is automatic after the device has cooled sufficiently.