|Package | PIN:||DAP | 32|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 4.5-V to 18-V Wide Input Voltage Range
- Programmable Slew Rate Control for Output
- Up to 5-A Maximum Continuous Output Current in
Buck 1 and Buck 2
- Buck 1 and Buck 2 can be Paralleled to Deliver up
to 10-A Current
- Pulse Skipping Mode to Achieve High Efficiency in
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
200 kHz to 1.6 MHz Set by External Resistor
- Dedicated Enable and Soft-Start for Each Buck
- Peak Current-Mode Control With Simple
- Cycle-by-Cycle Overcurrent Protection
- 180° Out-of-Phase Operation to Reduce Input
Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Over Temperature Protection
- Available in 32-Pin Thermally Enhanced HTSSOP
(DAP) and 36-Pin VQFN 6-mm × 6-mm (RHH)
Texas Instruments TPS65279DAPR
TPS65279 is a monolithic dual synchronous buck converter with wide 4.5-V to 18-V operating input voltage range that encompassed most intermediate bus voltage operating off 5-, 9-, 12- or 15-V power bus or battery. The converter with constant frequency peak current mode control is designed to simplify its application while giving the designers options to optimize their usage according to the target applications.
Two bucks in TPS65279 can be paralleled to delivery up to 10-A load current by using current sharing mode, connect ISHARE pin high. Two phase operation in current sharing reduces system filtering capacitance and inductance, alleviates EMI and improves output voltage ripple and noise.
TPS65279 features a dedicated enable pin. An independent soft-start pin provides flexibility in power up programmability. Constant frequency peak current mode control simplifies the compensation and provides fast transient response. Cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection and hiccup mode operation limit MOSFET power dissipation in short circuit or over loading fault conditions.
Low-side reverse overcurrent protection also prevents excessive sinking current from damaging the converter. TPS65279 also features a light load pulse skipping mode (PSM) controlled by MODE pin configuration.
The TPS65279 is available in a 32-pin thermally-enhanced HTSSOP (DAP) package and 36-pin 6-mm × 6-mm VQFN (RHH) package.