|Package | PIN:||RGE | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Buck Converter
- Wide Input Voltage Range 4.5 to 18 V
- Integrated Dual Buck Converter, Maximum Continuous Current 3.5 A (Buck1) / 2.5A (Buck2)
- Feedback Reference Voltage 0.6 V ±1%
- AdjustableSwitching Frequency 200 kHz to
- Internal Built Soft Start Time 2.4 ms
- External Clock Synchronization
- Cycle-by-Cycle CurrentLimit
- Power Good Indicator for Each Buck
- ContinuousCurrent Mode (TPS65283) or Pulse Skipping Mode (PSM) (TPS65283-1) at LightLoad
- Power Distribution Switch
- Integrated a Power Distribution Switch With On-Resistance 60 mΩ
- Operating Input Voltage Range 2.4 to 6 V
- AdjustableCurrent Limiting up to 2.7 A
- Current-Limit Accuracy ±10% at 1.25 A(Typical)
- Auto Recovery Overcurrent Protection
- ReverseInput to Output Voltage Protection
- 24-Lead VQFN (RGE) 4-mm × 4-mmPackage
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65283RGET
The TPS65283, TPS65283-1 in thermally-enhanced 4-mm × 4-mm VQFN package is a fullfeatured
4.5- to 18-V Vin, 3.5-A/2.5-A output current synchronous step down DC-DC converter, which isoptimized for small designs through high efficiency and integrating the high-side and low-sideMOSFETs. The device also incorporates one N-channel MOSFET power switches for power distributionsystems. This device provides a total power distribution solution, where precision current limitingand fast protection response are required.
The 60-mΩ independent power distribution switch limits the output current to aprogrammable current limit threshold by using an external resistor. The current limit accuracy canbe achieved as tight as ±10% at typical 1.25 A. The nFAULT output asserts low under overcurrent andreverse-voltage conditions.
Constant frequency peak current mode control in DC-DC converter simplifies thecompensation and optimizes transient response. Cycle-by-cycle overcurrent protection and operatingin hiccup mode limit MOSFET power dissipation during buck output short circuit or over loadingconditions. When die temperature exceeds thermal over loading threshold, the overtemperatureprotection shuts down the device.