|Package | PIN:||PWP | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified with the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C AmbientOperating Temperature
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level2
- Device CDM ESD Classification LevelC4B
- One High-VIN Step-Down DC-DC Converter
- Input Range of 3.6 V to 36 V
- 250-mΩ High-SideMOSFET
- Maximum Load Current 3.2 A, Output Adjustable 1.1 V to 20V
- Adjustable Switching Frequency 100 kHz to 2.5MHz
- Synchronizes to External Clock
- High Efficiency atLight Loads With Pulse-Skipping Eco-mode™ Control Scheme
- Maximum 140-µAOperating Quiescent Current
- ResetOutput-Pin (Active Low, Open-Drain)
- One High-VIN Low-Dropout (LDO) Voltage Regulator
- Input Range of 3 V to 36 V
- 280-mACurrent Capability With Typical 35-µA Quiescent Current in No-LoadCondition
- Low-Dropout Voltage of 300 mV at
IO = 200 mA(Typical)
- Overcurrent Protection for Both Regulators
- Overtemperature Protection
- 14-Pin HTSSOP Package With PowerPAD™ Integrated Circuit Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65321AQPWPRQ1
The TPS65321A-Q1 device is a combination of a high-VIN DC-DC step-downconverter, referred to as the buck regulator, with an adjustable switch-mode frequency from 100-kHzto 2.5-MHz, and a high-VIN 280-mA low-dropout (LDO) regulator. The input range is 3.6 V to 36 V forthe buck regulator, and 3 V to
36 V for the LDO regulator. The buck regulator has anintegrated high-side MOSFET with anactive-low, open-drain power-good output-pin (nRST). The LDO regulator features a low-inputsupply current of 45-µA typical in no-load, also has an integrated MOSFET.Low-voltage tracking feature enables TPS65321A-Q1 to track the input supply duringcold-crank conditions.
The buck regulator provides a flexible design to fit system needs. The external loopcompensation circuit allows for optimization of the converter response for the appropriateoperating conditions. A low-ripple pulse-skip mode reduces the no-load input-supply current tomaximum 140 µA.
The device has built-in protection features such as soft start, current-limit, thermalsensing and shutdown due to excessive power dissipation. Furthermore, the device has an internalundervoltage-lockout (UVLO) function that turns off the device when the supply voltage is toolow.