|Package | PIN:||RGZ | 48|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: -40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4B
- Efficiency up to 95% for Each Switching Regulator
- Switching Regulator Specifications:
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5 to 18 V
- Vout Range: 0.6 V-90%Vin
- SW1, SW2 Iout: 4-A Max
- SW3, SW4 Iout: 2-A Max
- Pre-Bias Startup Algorithm Minimizes Voltage Dip During Startup
- Internal Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO), Overcurrent Protection (OCP), Overvoltage Protection (OVP), and Overtemperature Protection (OTP)
- Thermally-Enhanced 7-mm × 7-mm 48-Pin, 0.5-mm Pitch VQFN Package
- Pin Accessible Features:
- Adjustable VOUT With External Feedback Resistors
- Sequencing Control Through Precision Enable Pins for Each Switcher
- Resistor Adjustable PWM Switching Frequency from 275 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Clock Sync Input and Clock Output
- Soft-Start Delay Through External Capacitor
- Current Sharing Between SW1 and SW2 and Between SW3 and SW4 Allows Support of Higher Current Needs if Required
- PMBus Runtime Control and Status
- Runtime Voltage Positioning Through Adjustment of VREF
- Enable and Disable of Each Switcher
- Fault and Status Monitoring
- User-Configurable PMBus / I2C Options, Saved in EEPROM
- Power Supply Turn-On and Turn-Off Sequencing
- Sequencing can be Based on Fixed Time Delays or PGOOD Dependence
- Initial Voltage Positioning Through VREF Configuration
- PWM Frequency Adjustment for Each Switcher
- Individual PWM Phase Alignment for Each Switcher to Minimize Ripple and Capacitor Size
- Adjustable Current Limit on Each Regulator Enables Size and Cost Optimization of Inductors
- Soft-Start Time
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65400QRGZRQ1
The TPS65400-Q1 is an integrated PMU optimized for applications requiring small form factor and high power conversion efficiency, enabling small space-constrained equipment with high ambient operating temperature without cooling. It provides high-power efficiency at a system level by enabling a single stage conversion from an intermediate distribution bus with an optimized combination of regulators.
TPS65400-Q1 implements a PMBus-I2C-compatible digital interface. It helps Core Chip optimize system performance by runtime changing regulated voltage, power sequence, phase interleaving, operating frequency, read back operating status, and so forth.
The TPS65400-Q1 consists of four high-current buck switching regulators (SW1, SW2, SW3, and SW4) with integrated FETs. The switching power supplies are intended for powering high-current digital circuits such as the processor, FPGA, ASIC, memory, and digital I/Os. SW1 and SW2 support 4 A each, and SW3 and SW4 support 2 A each. Each regulator’s switching frequency is independently adjustable up to 2.2 MHz.
Current limit programmability on each switcher enables optimization of inductor ratings for a particular application configuration not requiring the maximum current capability.
The TPS65400-Q1 can be powered from a single-input voltage rail between 4.5 and 18 V, making it suitable for applications running off a 5- or 12-V intermediate power distribution bus.
Sequencing requirements can be met using the individual enable terminals or by programming the sequence through the I2C bus into the onboard EEPROM. Output voltages can be set through external resistor networks and VREF can be programmed from 0.6 to 1.87 V in 10-mV steps. All control and status info can be accessed through a PMBus-compatible I2C bus.
The TPS65400-Q1 provides a high level of flexibility for monitoring and control through the I2C bus while providing the option of programmability through the use of external components and voltage levels for systems not using I2C.