|Package | PIN:||RGZ | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Efficiency up to 95% for Each Switching Regulator
- Switching Regulator Specifications:
- Input Voltage Range: 4.5 to 18 V
- Vout Range: 0.6 V-90%Vin
- SW1, SW2 Iout: 4-A Max
- SW3, SW4 Iout: 2-A Max
- Pre-Bias Startup Algorithm Minimizes Voltage Dip During Startup
- Internal Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO), Overcurrent Protection (OCP), Overvoltage Protection (OVP), and Overtemperature Protection (OTP)
- AECQ-100 Grade 1 Option
- Thermally-Enhanced 7-mm × 7-mm 48-Pin, 0.5-mm Pitch VQFN Package
- Pin Accessible Features:
- Adjustable VOUT With External Feedback Resistors
- SequencingControl Through Precision Enable Pins for Each Switcher
- Resistor AdjustablePWM Switching Frequency from 275 kHz to 2.2 MHz
- Clock Sync Input and ClockOutput
- Soft-Start Delay Through External Capacitor
- Current Sharing Between SW1 and SW2 and Between SW3 and SW4 Allows Support of Higher Current Needsif Required
- PMBus Runtime Control and Status
- Runtime Voltage Positioning Through Adjustment of VREF
- Enable and Disable of Each Switcher
- Fault and StatusMonitoring
- User-Configurable PMBus / I2C Options, Saved in EEPROM
- Power Supply Turn-On and Turn-Off Sequencing
- Sequencingcan be Based on Fixed Time Delays or PGOOD Dependence
- Initial VoltagePositioning Through VREF Configuration
- PWM Frequency Adjustment for EachSwitcher
- Individual PWM Phase Alignment for Each Switcher to Minimize Rippleand Capacitor Size
- Adjustable Current Limit on Each Regulator Enables Sizeand Cost Optimization of Inductors
- Soft-Start Time
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65400RGZR
The TPS65400 is an integrated PMU optimized forapplications requiring small form factor and high power conversion efficiency, enabling smallspace-constrained equipment with high ambient operating temperature without cooling. It provideshigh-power efficiency at a system level by enabling a single stage conversion from an intermediatedistribution bus with an optimized combination of regulators.
TPS65400 implements aPMBus-I2C-compatible digital interface. It helps Core Chip optimizesystem performance by runtime changing regulated voltage, power sequence, phase interleaving,operating frequency, read back operating status, and so forth.
The TPS65400 consists of four high-current buckswitching regulators (SW1, SW2, SW3, and SW4) with integrated FETs. The switching power suppliesare intended for powering high-current digital circuits such as the processor, FPGA, ASIC, memory,and digital I/Os. SW1 and SW2 support 4 A each, and SW3 and SW4 support 2 A each. Each regulator’sswitching frequency is independently adjustable up to 2.2 MHz.
Current limit programmability on each switcher enables optimization of inductor ratingsfor a particular application configuration not requiring the maximum current capability.
The TPS65400 can be powered from a single-input voltagerail between 4.5 and 18 V, making it suitable for applications running off a 5- or 12-Vintermediate power distribution bus.
Sequencing requirements can be met using the individual enable terminals or byprogramming the sequence through the I2C bus into the onboard EEPROM.Output voltages can be set through external resistor networks and VREF can be programmed from 0.6to 1.87 V in 10-mV steps. All control and status info can be accessed through a PMBus-compatibleI2C bus.
The TPS65400 provides a high level of flexibility formonitoring and control through the I2C bus while providing the option ofprogrammability through the use of external components and voltage levels for systems not usingI2C.