|Package | PIN:||RGT | 16|
|Temp:||S (-35 to 85)|
- Power-Path Switch to Select Main Battery or Backup Battery for Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- Integrated Boost DC/DC Converter
- Modulation Select by Control Pin (PWMON), Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM) or Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Fixed Switching Frequency (PWM, 750 kHz)
- Peak Current Mode Control (PWM)
- Low Power Consumption (PFM)
- Four Integrated Low Dropout (LDO) Voltage Regulators for 1.2 V/1.8 V/3.3 V
- Two Integrated Indicators
- CS: Monitors the Voltage Level of Main Battery (VBAT) and Output voltage level of Boost Converter (VO_BT)
- XRESET: Monitors the Output voltage Level of 3.3V LDO (VOUT)
- 16-Pin QFN (3mm × 3mm) Package
- Operating Temperature 35°C to 85°C
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Overvoltage Protection (OVP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Digital Still Cameras
- Portable Systems With Backup Battery
PowerPAD Is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS65510RGTT
The TPS65510 offers a suitable solution for power switch to select the main battery or the backup battery.
This device automatically selects the power path. It depends on the voltage level of the VO_BT pin. When the main battery is removed, the power path of the VOUT pin is automatically changed from the output of 3.3-V low droppout (LDO) voltage regulator to the backup battery.
The backup battery is charged from the power path of the VRO pin (output of 3.3-V LDO) via an external diode and resistor. The input of the LDO voltage regulator comes from the internal boost converter.
The 1.2-V output LDO and 1.8-V output LDO voltage regulators have a enable pin, V_CTRL. If these outputs are not necessary, V_CTRL should be connected to AGND to save power consumption. The self-power consumption is less than 3 µA (maximum) using the backup battery.
This device has two indicators. One is CS, which monitors the voltage level of the VBAT pin and VO_BT pin. The other is XRESET, which monitors voltage level of the VOUT pin. These indicators should be connected to CPU/DSP to reset them.
This device reduces the total solution area and extends the lifetime of the backup battery.