|Package | PIN:||RGT | 16|
|Temp:||S (-35 to 85)|
- Highly Integrated Solution to Reduce Components
- Integrated Voltage Reference
- Integrated 50-V Power Switch,
- Integrated IGBT Driver
- High Efficiency
- Programmable Peak Current, 0.9 A ~ 1.8 A
- Input Battery Voltage of 1.6 V to 12 V
- Optimized Control Loop for Fast Charge Time
- Output Voltage Feedback From Primary Side
- 16-Pin QFN Package
- MAX On Time
- MAX Off Time
- Overcurrent Shutdown to Monitor VDS at the SW pin (OVDS)
- Thermal Disable
- Digital Still Cameras
- Optical Film Cameras
- Mobile Phones With Camera
- PDAs With Camera
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS65560RGTR
This device offers a complete solution for charging a photo flash capacitor from battery input, and subsequently discharging the capacitor to a xenon flash tube. The device has an integrated voltage reference, power switch, IGBT driver, and control logic blocks for charging applications and driving IGBT applications. Compared with discrete solutions, this device reduces the component count, shrinks the solution size, and eases designs for xenon tube applications. Additional advantages are a fast charging time and high efficiency from an optimized PWM control algorithm.
Other provisions of the device includes sensing the output voltage from the primary side, programmable peak current, thermal shutdown, an output pin for charge completion, and input pins for charge enable and flash enable.