|Package | PIN:||YFF | 25|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Battery Charger With Power Path Management
- 28-V Rated Power Path With:
- 100-mA Input Current Limit
- 500-mA Input Current Limit
- 300-mA Charge Current
- 200-mA Step-Down Converter for TPS65720
- 400-mA Step-Down Converter for TPS65721, TPS657201, TPS657202
- Up to 92% Efficiency
- VIN Range for DCDC Converter From 2.3 V to
- 2.25-MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Power Save Mode at Light Load Current
- Output Voltage Accuracy in PWM Mode ±2%
- 100% Duty Cycle for Lowest Dropout
- 1 General Purpose 200-mA LDO
- VIN Range for LDO From 1.8 V to 5.6 V
- I2C Compatible Interface
- Available in a 25-Ball DSBGA With 0.4-mm Pitch and in 4-mm × 4-mm 32-Pin WQFN Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65720YFFR
The TPS6572x device is a small power management unit targeted for Bluetooth headsets orother portable low-power consumer-end equipments. The device contains an USB friendly Lithium-Ionbattery charger, a highly efficient step-down converter, a low-dropout linear regulator, andadditional supporting functions. The device is controlled by an I2Cinterface. Several settings can be customized by the use of nonvolatile memory which is factoryprogrammed.
The 2.25-MHz step-down converter enters a low-power mode at light load for maximumefficiency across the widest possible range of load currents. For low-noise applications thedevices can be forced into fixed-frequency PWM mode using theI2C-compatible interface.
The device allows the use of small inductors and capacitors to achieve a small solutionsize. The TPS65720 provides an output current of up to
200 mA on the DC-DC converter while TPS657201, TPS657202, and TPS65721 provide up to 400 mA.The TPS6572x also integrates one 200-mA LDO. The LDO operates with an input voltage range from 1.8V to 5.6 V, thus allowing it to be supplied from the output of the step-down converter or directlyfrom the system voltage.
The TPS65720, TPS657201, and TPS657202 come in a small 25-ball 2-mm × 2-mm wafer chipscale package (DSBGA) with 0.4-mm ball pitch or a
4-mm × 4-mm WQFN package with a 0.4-mm pitch (TPS65721).