|Package | PIN:||JRBGA (ZQZ) | 96|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 85)|
- USB Power Delivery (PD) Controller
- Supports PD2.0 and PD3.0specifications.
- Supports Fast Role Swap
- Mode Configuration for Source (Host), Sink (Device), orSource-Sink
- Bi-Phase Marked Encoding/Decoding (BMC)
- Physical Layer and Policy Engine
- Configurable at Boot andHost-Controlled
- USB Type-C Specification Compliant
- Cable Orientation and Role Detection
- Assign CC and VCONNPins
- Advertise Default, 1.5 A or 3 A for Type-C Power
- Port Power Switch
- 5-V, 3-A Switch to VBUS for Type-C Power
- 5-V to 20-V, 3-ABidirectional Switch to or from VBUS for USB PD Power
- 5-V, 600-mA Switches forVCONN
- Overcurrent Limiter, Overvoltage Protector
- SlewRate Control
- Hard Reset Support
- Port Data Multiplexer
- USB 2.0 HS Data, UART Data, and Low Speed Endpoint
- Sideband Use Data for Alternate Modes (DisplayPort and Thunderbolt™)
- Power Management
- Gate Control and Current Sense for External 5-V to 20-V, 5-A BidirectionalSwitch (Back-to-Back NFETs)
- Power Supply from 3.3-V or VBUSSource
- 3.3-V LDO Output for Dead Battery Support
- BGA MicroStar Junior Package and NFBGA Package
- Through-Hole Via Compatible for All Pins
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65983BAZQZR
The TPS65983B is a stand-alone USB Type-C and PowerDelivery (PD) controller providing cable plug and orientation detection at the USB Type-Cconnector. Upon cable detection, the TPS65983B communicates on the CCwire using the USB PD protocol. When cable detection and USB PD negotiation are complete, theTPS65983B enables the appropriate power path and configures alternatemode settings for internal and (optional) external multiplexers.
The mixed-signal front end on the CC pins advertises default (500 mA), 1.5 A or 3 A forType-C power sources, detects a plug event and determines the USB Type-C cable orientation, andautonomously negotiates USB PD contracts by adhering to the specified bi-phase marked coding (BMC)and physical layer (PHY) protocol.
The port power switch provides up to 3 A downstream at 5 V for legacy and Type-C USBpower. An additional bidirectional switch path provides USB PD power up to 3 A at a maximum of 20 Vas either a source (host), sink (device), or source-sink.
The TPS65983B is also an Upstream-Facing Port (UFP),Downstream-Facing Port (DFP), or Dual-Role Port for data. The port data multiplexer passes data toor from the top or bottom D+/D– signal pair at the port for USB 2.0 HS and has a USB 2.0 Low SpeedEndpoint. Additionally, the Sideband-Use (SBU) signal pair is used for auxiliary or Alternate Modesof communication (DisplayPort or Thunderbolt, for example).
The power management circuitry uses a 3.3 V inside the system and also uses VBUS to startup and negotiate power for a dead-battery or no-battery condition.