|Package | PIN:||ZQZ | 96|
|Temp:||S (0 to 0)|
- USB Power-Delivery (PD) Controller
- Mode Configuration for Source (Host), Sink (Device), or Source-Sink
- Bi-Phase Marked Encoding/Decoding (BMC)
- Physical Layer (PHY) Protocol
- Policy Engine
- Configurable at Boot and Host-Controlled
- USB Type-C Specification Compliant
- Detect USB Cable-Plug Attach
- Cable Orientation and Role Detection
- Assign CC and VCONN Pins
- Advertise Default, 1.5 A, or 3 A for Type-C Power
- Port Power Switch
- 5-V, 3-A Switch to VBUS for Type-C Power
- 5-V to 20-V, 3-A Bidirectional Switch to or from VBUS for USB PD Power
- 5-V, 600-mA Switches for VCONN
- Overcurrent Limiter, Overvoltage Protector
- Slew-Rate Control
- Hard Reset Support
- Port Data Termination
- USB 2.0 Low-Speed Endpoint
- Power Management
- Power Supply from 3.3 V or VBUS Source
- 3.3-V LDO Output for Dead Battery Support
- BGA MicroStar Junior Package
- 0.5-mm Pitch
- Through-Hole Via Compatible for All Pins
- UL Recognized: E169910 and E339631
- Standards Used: 2367
- IEC Certification: NO88109
- Standards Used: 60950-1(Ed.2); Am1; Am2
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS65986ABZQZR
The TPS65986 device is a stand-alone USB Type-C and power delivery (PD) controller providing cable-plug and orientation detection at the USB Type-C connector. Upon cable detection, the TPS65986 device communicates on the CC wire using the USB PD protocol. When cable detection and USB PD negotiation are complete, the TPS65986 device enables the appropriate power path and configures alternate mode settings for (optional) external multiplexers.
The mixed-signal front end on the CC pins advertises default (900 mA), 1.5 A, or 3 A for Type-C power sources, detects a plug event and determines the USB Type-C cable orientation, and autonomously negotiates USB PD contracts by adhering to the specified bi-phase marked coding (BMC) and physical layer (PHY) protocol.
The port power switch passes up to 3 A downstream at 5 V for legacy and Type-C USB power. An additional bi-directional switch path provides USB PD power up to 3 A at a maximum of 20 V as either a source (host), sink (device), or source-sink.
The TPS65986 device is also an upstream-facing port (UFP), downstream-facing port (DFP), or dual-role port for data. The port data termination passes data to or from the top or bottom D+/D– signal pair to the USB 2.0 low-speed endpoint. The power management circuitry uses a 3.3-V power supply inside the system and also uses VBUS to start up and negotiate power from a dead battery or no battery condition.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.