|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||S (0 to 125)|
- 2.5-V Fixed-Output Regulator
- V ery Low-Dropout (LDO) Voltage...57 mV Typical at IO = 100 mA
- Very Low Quiescent Current, Independent of Load...292 uA Typ
- Extremely Low Sleep-State Current,
0.5 uA Max
- 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions
- Output Current Range...0 mA to 500 mA
- Available in Space Saving 8-Pin SOIC and 20-Pin TSSOP Packages
- 0°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
Texas Instruments TPS71025DR
The TPS71025 low-dropout regulator offers an order of magnitude reduction in both dropout voltage and quiescent current over conventional LDO performance. The improvement results from replacing the typical pnp pass transistor with a PMOS device.
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (maximum of 95mV at an output current of 100 mA) and is directly proportional to the output current (see Figure 1). Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and remains independent of output loading (typically 292 uA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to 500mA). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems. The TPS71025 also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to EN\ (enable\) shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to 0.5 uA maximum at TJ = 25°C.
The D package is availabe taped and reeled. Add R suffix to device type (e.g., TPS71025DR). The PW package is only available left-end taped and reeled and is indicated by the LE suffix on the device type.