|Package | PIN:||SOIC (D) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Available in 5-V, 4.85-V, and 3.3-V Fixed-Output and Adjustable Versions
- Very Low-Dropout Voltage ...Maximum of 32 mV at IO = 100 mA (TPS7150)
- Very Low Quiescent Current Independent of Load . . . 285 µA Typ
- Extremely Low Sleep-State Current
0.5 µA Max
- 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions For Fixed-Output Versions
- Output Current Range of 0 mA to 500 mA
- TSSOP Package Option Offers Reduced Component Height for Space-Critical Applications
- Power-Good (PG) Status Output
Texas Instruments TPS7133QD
The TPS71xx integrated circuits are a family of micropower low-dropout (LDO) voltage regulators. An order of magnitude reduction in dropout voltage and quiescent current over conventional LDO performance is achieved by replacing the typical pnp pass transistor with a PMOS device.
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (maximum of 32 mV at an output current of 100 mA for the TPS7150) and is directly proportional to the output current (see Figure 1). Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and remains independent of output loading (typically 285 µA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to 500 mA). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems. The LDO family also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to EN (enable) shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to 0.5 µA maximum at TJ = 25°C.
Voltage Power good (PG) reports low output voltage and can be used to implement a power-on reset or a low-battery indicator.
The TPS71xx is offered in 3.3-V, 4.85-V, and 5-V fixed-voltage versions and in an adjustable version (programmable over the range of 1.2 V to 9.75 V). Output voltage tolerance is specified as a maximum of 2% over line, load, and temperature ranges (3% for adjustable version). The TPS71xx family is available in PDIP (8 pin), SO (8 pin), and TSSOP (20-pin) packages. The TSSOP has a maximum height of 1,2 mm.