|Package | PIN:||DCK | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 10V
- Low Quiescent Current: 3.2µA at 80mA
- Stable with any Capacitor > 0.47µF
- Output Current: 80mA
- Dropout Voltage: 415mV at 50mA Load
- Available in Fixed 3.3V or Adjustable (1.2V to 8.8V) Versions
- Current Limit
- SC70-5 and 2mm × 2mm SON-6 Packages
- Specified Junction Temperature Range:
–40°C to +125°C
- For MSP430-Specific Output Voltages, see the TPS715xx
- Ultralow-Power Microcontrollers
- Industrial/Automotive Applications
- Portable, Battery-Powered Equipment
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS71401DCKT
The TPS714xx low-dropout (LDO) voltage regulators offer the benefits of wide input voltage range, low-dropout voltage, low-power operation, and miniaturized packaging. These devices, which operate over an input range of 2.5V to 10V, are stable with any capacitor ≥ 0.47µF. The 2.5V to 10V input voltage range, combined with 3.2µA quiescent current, makes this device particularly well-suited for two-cell alkaline, and two-cell lithium, and other low quiescent current sensitive battery applications. The low dropout voltage and low quiescent current allow operation at extremely low power levels. Therefore, the devices are ideal for power battery management ICs. Specifically, because the device is enabled as soon as the applied voltage reaches the minimum input voltage, the output is quickly available to power continuously-operating, battery-charging ICs.
The typical PNP pass transistor has been replaced by a PMOS pass element. Because the PMOS pass element behaves as a low-value resistor, the low dropout voltage (typically 415mV at 50mA of load current) is directly proportional to the load current. The quiescent current (3.2µA, typical) is stable over the entire range of the output load current (0mA to 80mA).
The TPS714xx is available in a 2mm × 2mm SON-6 package ideal for high power dissipation, or an SC70-5 package ideal for handheld and ultra-portable applications.