|Package | PIN:||DRV | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 24-V Maximum Input Voltage
- Low 3.2-µA Quiescent Current at 80 mA
- Stable With Any Capacitor (≥ 0.47 µF)
- 80-mA Specified Current
- Available in Fixed and Adjustable (1.2 V to 15 V) Versions
- Specified Current Limit
- 3-mm × 3-mm and 2-mm × 2-mm SON Packages
- –40°C to 125°C Specified Junction
- For MSP430-Specific Output Voltages See TPS715xx
Texas Instruments TPS715A01DRVR
The TPS715A low-dropout (LDO) voltage regulators offer the benefits of high input voltage, low-dropout voltage, low-power operation, and miniaturized packaging. The devices operate over an input range of 2.5 V to 24 V and are stable with any capacitor (≥ 0.47 µF). The high maximum input voltage combined with excellent power dissipation capability makes this device particularly well-suited to industrial and automotive applications.
A PMOS pass element functions as a low-value resistor. The low dropout voltage, typically 670 mV at 80 mA of load current, is directly proportional to the load current. The low quiescent current (3.2 µA typically) is nearly constant over the entire range of output load current (0 mA to 80 mA).
The TPS715A is available in a 3-mm × 3-mm package ideal for high power dissipation and a small 2-mm × 2-mm package ideal for handheld and ultra-portable applications. The 3-mm × 3-mm package is also available as a non-magnetic package for medical imaging applications.