|Package | PIN:||DRV | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H2
- Device CDM ESD Classification Level C6
- Input Voltage Range: 1.1 V to 4.5 V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.9 V to 3.6 V
- High-Performance LDO: 350 mA
- Low Quiescent Current: 38 µA
- Excellent Load Transient Response: ±15 mV for ILOAD = 0 mA to 350 mA in 1 µs
- Low Noise: 48 µVRMS (10 Hz to 100 kHz)
- 80-dB VIN PSRR (10 Hz to 10 kHz)
- 70-dB VBIAS PSRR (10 Hz to 10 kHz)
- Fast Start-Up Time: 140 µs
- Built-In Soft-Start With Monotonic VOUT Rise and Start-Up Current Limited to 100 mA + ILOAD
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- Low Dropout: 110 mV at ILOAD = 350 mA
- Stable With a 2.2-µF Output Capacitor
- Package: 2.00 mm × 2.00 mm, 6-Pin WSON
Texas Instruments TPS72010QDRVRQ1
The TPS720-Q1 family of dual-rail, low-dropout linear regulators (LDOs) offers outstanding ac performance (PSRR, load and line transient response) and consume a very low quiescent current of 38 µA.
The VBIAS rail that powers the control circuit of the LDO draws very low current (on the order of the LDO quiescent current) and can be connected to any power supply that is equal to or greater than 1.4 V above the output voltage. The main power path is through VIN and can be a lower voltage than VBIAS; this path can be as low as VOUT + VDO, increasing the efficiency of the solution in many power-sensitive applications. For example, VIN can be an output of a high-efficiency, dc-dc, step-down regulator.
The TPS720-Q1 supports a novel feature where the output of the LDO regulates under light loads when the IN pin is left floating. The light-load drive current is sourced from VBIAS under this condition. This feature is particularly useful in power-saving applications where the dc-dc converter connected to the IN pin is disabled but the LDO is still required to regulate the voltage to a light load.
The TPS720-Q1 is stable with ceramic capacitors and uses an advanced BICMOS fabrication process that yields a dropout of 110 mV at a 350-mA output load. The TPS720-Q1 provides a monotonic VOUT rise (overshoot limited to 3%) with VIN inrush current limited to 100 mA + ILOAD with an output capacitor of 2.2 µF.
The TPS720-Q1 uses a precision voltage reference and feedback loop to achieve overall accuracy of 2% over load, line, process, and temperature extremes. The TPS720-Q1 is available in a 6-pin WSON package. This family of devices is fully specified over the temperature range of TJ = –40°C to +125°C.