|Package | PIN:||YZU | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 350-mA High-Performance LDO
- Low Quiescent Current: 38 µA
- Excellent Load Transient Response:
±15 mV for ILOAD = 0 mA to 350 mA in 1 µs
- Excellent Line Transient Response:
ΔVOUT = ±2 mV for ΔVBIAS = ±600 mV in 1 µs
ΔVOUT = ±200 µV for ΔVIN = ±400 mV in 1 µs
- Low Noise: 48 µVRMS (10 Hz to 100 kHz)
- 80 dB VIN PSRR (10 Hz to 10 kHz)
- 70 dB VBIAS PSRR (10 Hz to 10 kHz)
- Fast Start-Up Time: 140 µs
- Built-In Soft-Start With Monotonic VOUT Rise and Start-Up Current Limited to 100 mA + ILOAD
- Overcurrent and Thermal Protection
- Low Dropout: 110 mV at ILOAD = 350 mA
- Stable with 2.2-µF Output Capacitor
- Available in 1.33 mm × 0.96 mm DSBGA-5 and 2 mm × 2 mm SON-6 Packages
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS72015YZUT
The TPS720 family of dual rail, low-dropout linear regulators (LDOs) offers outstandingac performance (PSRR, load and line transient response), while consuming a very low quiescentcurrent of 38 µA.
The VBIAS rail that powers the control circuit of the LDO drawsvery low current (on the order of the quiescent current of the LDO) and can be connected to anypower supply that is equal to or greater than 1.4 V above the output voltage. The main power pathis through VIN, which can be a lower voltage thanVBIAS; it can be as low as VOUT +VDO, increasing the efficiency of the solution in many power-sensitiveapplications. For example, VIN can be an output of a high-efficiency, DC-DCstep-down regulator.
The TPS720 supports a novel feature in which the output of the LDO regulates under lightloads when the IN pin is left floating. The light-load drive current is sourced fromVBIAS under this condition. This feature is particularly useful inpower-saving applications where the DC-DC converter connected to the IN pin is disabled but the LDOis still required to regulate the voltage to a light load.
The TPS720 is stable with ceramic capacitors and uses an advanced BICMOS fabricationprocess that yields a dropout of 110 mV at a 350-mA output load. The TPS720 has the unique featureof providing a monotonic VOUT rise (overshoot limited to 3%) with VIN inrush current limitedto 100 mA + ILOAD with an output capacitor of 2.2 µF.
The TPS720 uses a precision voltage reference and feedback loop to achieve overallaccuracy of 2% over load, line, process, and temperature extremes. An ultra-small DSBGA packagemakes the TPS720 ideal for handheld applications. The TPS720 is also available in a SON-8 package.This family of devices is fully specified over the temperature range of
TJ = –40°C to 125°C.