|Package | PIN:||DCQ | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 1-A Low-Dropout Regulator Supports Input Voltages Down to 1.8-V
- Available in 1.26-V, 1.5-V, 1.6-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V
- Stable With Any Type/Value Output Capacitor
- ±2% Output Voltage Tolerance Over Line, Load, and Temperature (–40°C to +125°C)
- Integrated Supervisor (SVS) With 200-ms
RESET Delay Time
- Low 170-mV Dropout Voltage at 1 A (TPS72625)
- Low 210-µA Ground Current at Full Load
- Less than 1-µA Standby Current
- Integrated UVLO with Thermal and Overcurrent Protection
- 5-Lead SOT223 or DDPAK Surface-Mount Package
- PCI Cards
- Modem Banks and Telecom Boards
- DSP, FPGA, and Microprocessor Power Supplies
- Portable, Battery-Powered Applications
- 1.26-V Core Voltage for the Following DSPs:
Texas Instruments TPS72616DCQR
The TPS726xx family of 1-A low-dropout (LDO) linear regulators has fixed voltage options available that are commonly used to power the latest DSPs, FPGAs, and microcontrollers. The integrated supervisory circuitry provides an active low RESET signal when the output falls out of regulation. The no capacitor/any capacitor feature allows the customer to tailor output transient performance as needed. Therefore, compared to other regulators capable of providing the same output current, this family of regulators can provide a stand alone power supply solution or a post regulator for a switch mode power supply.
These regulators operate over a wide range of input voltages (1.8 V to 6 V) and have very low dropout (170 mV at 1-A). Ground current is typically 210 µA at full load and drops to less than 80 µA at no load. Standby current is less than 1 µA.
Unlike some regulators that have a minimum current requirement, the TPS726xx family is stable with no output load current. The low noise capability of this family, coupled with its high current operation and ease of power dissipation, make it ideal for telecom boards, modem banks, and other noise sensitive applications.
The TPS726xx is available in either a SOT223 or DDPAK package. The TPS726126 is available in a SOT223 package only.