|Package | PIN:||DCQ | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Stable With 1-µF or Larger Ceramic Output
- Input Voltage Range: 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Ultralow Dropout Voltage: 130 mV Typical at 1 A
- Excellent Load Transient ResponseEven With
Only 1-µF Output Capacitor
- NMOS Topology Delivers Low Reverse Leakage
- 1% Initial Accuracy
- 3% Overall Accuracy Over Line, Load, and
- Less Than 20 nA Typical IQ in Shutdown Mode
- Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit for Fault
- Available in Multiple Output Voltage Versions
- Adjustable Output: 1.20 V to 5.5 V
- Custom Outputs Available Using Factory
Texas Instruments TPS73718DCQR
The TPS737xx family of linear low-dropout (LDO) voltage regulators uses an NMOS pass element in a voltage-follower configuration. This topology is relatively insensitive to output capacitor value and ESR, allowing a wide variety of load configurations. Load transient response is excellent, even with a small 1-µF ceramic output capacitor. The NMOS topology also allows very low dropout.
The TPS737xx family uses an advanced BiCMOS process to yield high precision while delivering very low dropout voltages and low ground pin current. Current consumption, when not enabled, is less than 20 nA and ideal for portable applications. These devices are protected by thermal shutdown and foldback current limit.
For applications that require higher output voltage accuracy, consider TIs TPS7A37xx family of 1% overall accuracy, 1-A low-dropout voltage regulators.