|Package | PIN:||PWP | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 1 A Low-Dropout Voltage Regulator
- Available in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3.0-V, 3.3-V, 5.0-V Fixed Output and Adjustable Versions
- Dropout Voltage Down to 230 mV at 1 A (TPS76750)
- Ultralow 85 µA Typical Quiescent Current
- Fast Transient Response
- 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions for Fixed-Output Versions
- Open Drain Power-On Reset With 200-ms Delay (See TPS768xx for PG Option)
- 8-Pin SOIC and 20-Pin TSSOP PowerPAD™ (PWP) Package
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS76733QPWP
This device is designed to have a fast transient response and be stable with 10 µF low ESR capacitors. This combination provides high performance at a reasonable cost.
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (typically
230 mV at an output current of 1 A for the TPS76750) and is directly proportional to the output current. Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and independent of output loading (typically
85 µA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to
1 A). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems. This LDO family also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to EN (enable) shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to 1 µA at TJ = 25°C.
The RESET output of the TPS767xx initiates a reset in microcomputer and microprocessor systems in the event of an undervoltage condition. An internal comparator in the TPS767xx monitors the output voltage of the regulator to detect an undervoltage condition on the regulated output voltage.
The TPS767xx is offered in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3.0-V, 3.3-V, and 5.0-V fixed-voltage versions and in an adjustable version (programmable over the range of 1.5 V to 5.5 V). Output voltage tolerance is specified as a maximum of 2% over line, load, and temperature ranges. The TPS767xx family is available in 8-pin SOIC and 20-pin PWP packages.