|Package | PIN:||PWP | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015; Exceeds 200 V Using Machine Model (C = 200 pF, R = 0)
- 1-A Low-Dropout (LDO) Voltage Regulator
- Available in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3-V, 3.3-V, 5-V Fixed Output and Adjustable Versions
- Dropout Voltage Down to 230 mV at 1 A (TPS76750)
- Ultralow 85-µA Typical Quiescent Current
- Fast Transient Response
- 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions for Fixed-Output Versions
- Open Drain Power-On Reset With 200-ms Delay (See TPS768xx for PG Option)
- 20-Pin TSSOP PowerPAD™ (PWP) Package
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS76750QPWPRQ1
These devices are designed to have a fast transient response and be stable with 10-µF low ESR capacitors. This combination provides high performance at a reasonable cost.
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (typically 230 mV at an output current of 1 A for the TPS76750) and is directly proportional to the output current. Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and independent of output loading (typically 85 µA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to 1 A). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems. This low-dropout (LDO) family also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to enable (EN) input shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to 1 µA at TJ = 25°C.
The RESET output of the TPS767xx initiates a reset in microcomputer and microprocessor systems in the event of an undervoltage condition. An internal comparator in the TPS767xx monitors the output voltage of the regulator to detect an undervoltage condition on the regulated output voltage.
The TPS767xx is offered in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V fixed-voltage versions and in an adjustable version (programmable over the range of 1.5 V to 5.5 V). Output voltage tolerance is specified as a maximum of 2% over line, load, and temperature ranges. The TPS767xx family is available in a 20-pin PWP package.