|Package | PIN:||PWP | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 1-A Low-Dropout Voltage Regulator
- Available in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V,
3.0-V, 3.3-V, 5.0-V Fixed Output and Adjustable Versions
- Dropout Voltage Down to 230 mV at 1 A
- Ultralow 85-µA Typical Quiescent Current
- Fast Transient Response
- 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions for
- Open Drain Power Good (See TPS767xx for
Power-On Reset With 200-ms Delay Option)
- 20-Pin TSSOP (PWP) PowerPAD Package
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- SUPPORTS DEFENSE, AEROSPACE AND MEDICAL APPLICATION
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly/Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Available in Military (55°C/125°C)
- Extended Product LIfe Cycle
- Extended Product-Change Notification
- Product Traceability
Additional temperature ranges are available - contact factory.
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS76833QPWPREP
This device is designed to have a fast transient response and be stable with 10-µF low ESR capacitors. This combination provides high performance at a reasonable cost.
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (typically 230 mV at an output current of 1 A for the TPS76850) and is directly proportional to the output current. Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and independent of output loading (typically 85 µA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to 1 A). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems. This LDO family also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to EN (enable) shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to less than 1 µA at TJ = 25°C.
Power good (PG) is an active high output, which can be used to implement a power-on reset or a low-battery indicator.
The TPS768xx is offered in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3.0-V, 3.3-V, and 5.0-V fixed-voltage versions and in an adjustable version (programmable over the range of 1.2 V to 5.5 V). Output voltage tolerance is specified as a maximum of 2% over line, load, and temperature ranges. The TPS768xx family is available in a 20-pin PWP package.