|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Controlled Baseline
- One Assembly
- One Test Site
- One Fabrication Site
- Extended Temperature Performance of -55°C to 125°C
- Enhanced Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) Support
- Enhanced Product-Change Notification
- Qualification Pedigree(1)
- Open-Drain Power-Good (PG) Status Output
- Available in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3.3-V, 5-V Fixed-Output and Adjustable Versions
- Dropout Voltage Typically 200 mV at 250 mA
- Ultralow 92-µA Quiescent Current (Typ)
- 8-Pin MSOP (DGK) Package
- Low Noise (55 µVrms) Without an External Filter (Bypass) Capacitor
- 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions For Fixed-Output Versions
- Fast Transient Response
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- See the TPS779xx Family of Devices for Active-High Enable
(1) Component qualification in accordance with JEDEC and industry standards to ensure reliable operation over an extended temperature range. This includes, but is not limited to, Highly Accelerated Stress Test (HAST) or biased 85/85, temperature cycle, autoclave or unbiased HAST, electromigration, bond intermetallic life, and mold compound life. Such qualification testing should not be viewed as justifying use of this component beyond specified performance and environmental limits.
Texas Instruments TPS77401MDGKREP
The TPS77401 is a low-dropout (LDO) regulator with power good (PG) function. This device is capable of supplying 250 mA of output current with a dropout of 200 mV. Quiescent current is 92 µA at full load dropping down to 1 µA when device is disabled. This device is optimized to be stable with a wide range of output capacitors including low-ESR ceramic (10-µF) or low-capacitance (1 µF) tantalum capacitors. This device has extremely low noise output performance (55 µVrms) without using any added filter capacitors. The TPS77401 is designed to have fast transient response for larger load current changes.
The TPS77401 is offered in 1.5-V, 1.8-V, 2.7-V, 2.8-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V fixed-voltage versions and in an adjustable version (programmable over the range of 1.5 V to 5.5 V). Output voltage tolerance is 2% over line, load, and temperature ranges. The TPS77401 device is available in an 8-pin mini small-outline package (MSOP) (DGK).
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (typically 200 mV at an output current of 250 mA for 3.3-V option) and is directly proportional to the output current. Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and independent of output loading (typically 92 µA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to 250 mA). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems.
The device is enabled when the enable (EN) pin is connected to a low-level input voltage. This LDO family also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to EN shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to less than 1 µA at TJ = 25°C.
For the TPS77401, the power good (PG) terminal is an active-high output, which can be used to implement a power-on reset or a low-battery indicator. An internal comparator in the TPS77401 monitors the output voltage of the regulator to detect an undervoltage condition on the regulated output voltage. When OUT falls below 82% of its regulated voltage, PG goes to a low-impedance state. PG goes to a high-impedance state when OUT is above 82% of its regulated voltage.