|Package | PIN:||PWP | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015; Exceeds 200 V Using Machine Model (C = 200 pF, R = 0)
- Open Drain Power-On Reset With 200-ms Delay (TPS775xx)
- Open Drain Power Good (TPS776xx)
- 500-mA Low-Dropout Voltage Regulator
- Available in 1.5-V, 1.6-V (TPS77516 Only), 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.8-V (TPS77628 Only), 3.3-V Fixed Output and Adjustable Versions
- Dropout Voltage to 169 mV (Typ) at 500 mA (TPS77x33)
- Ultralow 85 µA Typical Quiescent Current
- Fast Transient Response
- 2% Tolerance Over Specified Conditions for Fixed-Output Versions
- 20-Pin TSSOP PowerPAD (PWP) Package
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments.
Texas Instruments TPS77501QPWPRQ1
The TPS775xx and TPS776xx devices are designed to have a fast transient response and be stable with a 10-µF low ESR capacitors. This combination provides high performance at a reasonable cost.
Because the PMOS device behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low (typically 169 mV at an output current of 500 mA for the TPS77x33) and is directly proportional to the output current. Additionally, since the PMOS pass element is a voltage-driven device, the quiescent current is very low and independent of output loading (typically 85 \xECA over the full range of output current, 0 mA to 500 mA). These two key specifications yield a significant improvement in operating life for battery-powered systems. This LDO family also features a sleep mode; applying a TTL high signal to EN (enable) shuts down the regulator, reducing the quiescent current to 1 µ at TJ = 25&DEC.
The RESET output of the TPS775xx initiates a reset in microcomputer and microprocessor systems in the event of an undervoltage condition. An internal comparator in the TPS775xx monitors the output voltage of the regulator to detect an undervoltage condition on the regulated output voltage.
Power good (PG) of the TPS776xx is an active high output, which can be used to implement a power-on reset or a low-battery indicator.
The TPS775xx and TPS776xx are offered in 1.5-V, 1.6-V (TPS77516 only), 1.8-V, 2.5-V, 2.8 V (TPS77628 only), and 3.3-V fixed-voltage versions and in an adjustable version (programmable over the range of 1.5 V to 5.5 V for TPS77501 option and 1.2 V to 5.5 V for TPS77601 option). Output voltage tolerance is specified as a maximum of 2% over line, load, and temperature ranges. The TPS775xx and TPS776xx families are available in 20 pin TSSOP package.