|Package | PIN:||DDC | 5|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Input Voltage Range: 2.2 V to 5.5 V
- Low Quiescent Current (IQ): 500 nA
- 150-mA, Low-Dropout Regulator
- Low-Dropout at 25°C, 130 mV at 150 mA
- Low-Dropout at 85°C, 175 mV at 150 mA
- 3% Accuracy Over Load, Line, and Temperature
- Stable with a 1.0-µF Ceramic Capacitor
- Thermal Shutdown and Overcurrent Protection
- CMOS Logic Level-Compatible Enable Pin
- DDC (SOT-5) Package
Texas Instruments TPS78318DDCT
The TPS783 family of low-dropout regulators (LDOs) offers the benefits of ultralow power and miniaturized packaging.
This LDO family is designed specifically for battery-powered applications where ultralow quiescent current is a critical parameter. The TPS783, with ultralow IQ (500 nA), is ideal for microprocessors, microcontrollers, and other battery-powered applications.
The absence of pulldown circuitry at the output of the LDO provides the flexibility to use the regulator output capacitor as a temporary backup power supply (for example, during battery replacement).
The ultralow power and miniaturized packaging allow designers to customize power consumption for specific applications. Consult with your local factory representative for exact voltage options and ordering information; minimum order quantities may apply.
The TPS783 family is compatible with the TI MSP430 and other similar products. The enable pin (EN) is compatible with standard CMOS logic. This device allows for minimal board space because of miniaturized packaging and a potentially small output capacitor. The TPS783 family also features thermal shutdown and current limit to protect the device during fault conditions. All packages have a specified operating temperature range of TJ = –40°C to 105°C.