|Package | PIN:||DBV | 5|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- 150-mA Low-Dropout Regulator
- Available in 2.5 V, 3.3 V
- Programmable Slew Rate Control
- Output Noise Typically 56 uV RMS
- Only 17 uA Quiescent Current at 150 mA
- 1 uA Quiescent Current in Standby Mode
- Dropout Voltage Typically 150 mV at 150 mA (TPS78833)
- Over Current Limitation
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
- 5-Pin SOT-23 (DBV) Package
Texas Instruments TPS78825DBVR
The TPS78825 and TPS78833 are very small (SOT-23) package, low-noise LDOs that regulate the output voltage to 2.5 V and 3.3 V with input voltage ranging from 2.7 V to an absolute maximum of 13.5 V. These devices output 150 mA with a peak current of 350 mA (typ). The TPS788xx family uses the SR pin to program the output voltage slew rate to control the in-rush current. This is specifically used in the USB application where large load capacitance is present at start-up. The TPS788xx devices use only 17 uA of quiescent current and exhibit only 56 uV RMS of output voltage noise using a 10 uF output capacitor.
The usual PNP pass transistor has been replaced by a PMOS pass element. Because the PMOS pass element behaves as a low-value resistor, the dropout voltage is very low, typically 150 mV at 150 mA of load current, and is directly proportional to the load current.
The TPS788xx also features a logic-enabled sleep mode to shut down the regulator, reducing quiescent current to 1 uA typical at TJ = 25°C.