|Package | PIN:||RGR | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Low Dropout: 180 mV (maximum) at 3 A With BIAS
- 0.75% (maximum) Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature With BIAS
- Output Voltage Noise: 4.4 µVRMS
- Input Voltage Range:
- Without BIAS: 1.4 V to 6.5 V
- With BIAS: 1.1 V to6.5 V
- Output Voltage Range:
- Adjustable Operation: 0.8 V to 5.15 V
- ANY-OUT™ Operation: 0.8 V to3.95 V
- Power-Supply Ripple Rejection:
- 40 dB at 500kHz
- Excellent Load Transient Response
- Adjustable Soft-Start In-Rush Control
- Low Thermal Resistance: RθJA = 43.4°C/W
- Open-Drain Power-Good (PG) Output
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS7A8400ARGRR
The TPS7A84A is a low-noise, low-dropout linear regulator (LDO) capable of sourcing 3 Awith only 180-mV of maximum dropout. The device output voltage is pin-programmable from 0.8 V to3.95 V and adjustable from 0.8 V to 5.15 V using an external resistor divider.
The combination of low-noise, high-PSRR, and high output-current capability makes theTPS7A84A ideal to power noise-sensitive components such as those found in high-speedcommunications, video, medical, or test and measurement applications. The high performance of theTPS7A84A limits power-supply-generated phase noise and clock jitter, making this device ideal forpowering high-performance serializer and deserializer (SerDes), analog-to-digital converters(ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and RF components. Specifically, RF amplifiers benefitfrom the high-performance and > 5-V output capability of the device.
For digital loads [such as application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs),field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), and digital signal processors (DSPs)] requiring low-inputvoltage, low-output (LILO) voltage operation, the exceptional accuracy (0.75% over line, load, andtemperature), remote sensing, excellent transient performance, and soft-start capabilities of theTPS7A84A ensure optimal system performance.
The versatility of the TPS7A84A makes the device a component of choice for many demandingapplications.